Favorite parts of the Academy Awards this year: watching blinged-out stars do a candy ambush on unsuspecting movie-theater patrons…Price Is Right-style jet ski giveaway for shortest acceptance speech…Emma Roberts’s dreamy vintage-glam hair that looked picture-perfect with this year’s retro Oscars theme. Come behind the curtain with us and see how Emma’s award-worthy ‘do got ready for the red carpet…
Excitement was positively palpable as Hollywood darling, Emma Roberts, sat in the chair for hair and makeup, prepping for her awards show entrance. And with Joico and superstar stylist, Nikki Lee of LA’s famed Nine Zero One Salon in the driver’s seat, everyone — including Emma — was confident the destination would be stunning. (It was.) “We knew that with her vintage-esque Prada dress, Emma’s hair had to stay sleek and classic,” says Nikki, who lined up her favorite Joico products on the counter and got busy with the glam squad. “And she ultimately looked like a vintage dream!” Here, the directions to dazzling:
- Nikki started by towel-drying Emma’s hair, then applying a volumizing spray at the roots, and leave-in conditioner on the ends.
- Next, it was time for a smooth, silky blowout using her favorite Neuro Halo dryer.
- Once hair was completely dry, Nikki applied Joico Ironclad Thermal Protectant Spray to delicate strands, creating a safety net for the flat ironing that was to come.
- With flat iron in hand, Nikki created polished bends throughout Emma’s hair, holding the iron at a diagonal and creating alternating peaks and valleys.
- Because sleek doesn’t mean flat, Joico’s Body Shake Spray was up next…lending a plush, airy, bombshell finish to the star’s signature blonde hair.