REALLY BAD BOX COLOR
The Problem: The shade is way off; hair is damaged; and there’s no true way to know what all your client has done to her hair.
The Rescue: Think outside the box.
- A thorough consultation is key when taking your client from a box-correction back to healthy, vibrant hair – and chances are, this is not going to be a one-appointment deal. Break down the process and be honest about how many sessions will accomplish the goal.
Can you use some help doing a thorough consultation? We created a ready-to-use Consultation Form for you! Download it here.
- Immediately focus on hair health, strength, and rebuilding broken bonds by starting the color-correction with JOICO Defy Damage ProSeries 1 Bond-Protecting Color Optimizer Spray, followed up after color with Defy Damage ProSeries 2 Bond-Strengthening Color Treatment. Explain to your client that hair will become 5X stronger with 90% more color vibrancy – they’ll see the difference immediately.
GRAY IS TAKING OVER
The Problem: Gray strands may have been creeping in before Covid, but now your client’s percentage of gray is markedly pronounced.
The Rescue: Turn back the clock.
- Reach for LumiShine YouthLock, JOICO’s first collagen-infused permanent crème color, designed to harness the fountain of youth with shiny, strengthened, restored hair. This innovative formula offers 100% gray coverage, next-level shine, and a complete healthy-hair protection plan.
HAIR IS SUPER-DRY
The Problem: Lack of professional conditioning treatments coupled with infrequent (or zero) trims and home coloring have left strands dry and damaged.
The Rescue: Cut, color, and home care.
- Trim hair, then tone with JOICO LumiShine Demi-Permanent Liquid Color, containing Bond-Building Argiplex Technology–breakthrough technology that transforms hair inside and out with 2X the shine and 100% restrengthening power.
- Send fine-to-medium-hair clients home with the JOICO HydraSplash collection, designed to revive parched strands with the next wave in hydration. The light-as-air products shower hair with moisture, but never get heavy on you.
SHE’S OVER HER RAINBOW COLOR
The Problem: Self-colored vivid tones are not only growing out; but the client wants a new, more cohesive look.
The Rescue: Adding protection and hydration before you erase color.
- Because you’re about to erase all the precious color before returning them to natural, protecting hair is key. Start the color-correction with JOICO Defy Damage ProSeries 1 Bond-Protecting Color Optimizer Spray, sprayed in short bursts throughout the hair.
- Use JOICO Color Eraser with 20 volume for 20 minutes to remove the excess Intensity color.
- Shampoo and apply Defy Damage ProSeries 2 Bond-Strengthening Color Treatment for 2 – 5 minutes. Then rinse, dry, and continue on to a full color-correction.
ROOTS ARE SHOWING
The Problem: Over the months, highlights have grown out, leaving a demarcation of regrowth visible.
The Rescue: A low-maintenance touch-up.
- Start the color-correction with JOICO Defy Damage ProSeries 1 Bond-Protecting Color Optimizer Spray, followed up after color with Defy Damage ProSeries 2 Bond-Strengthening Color Treatment. Your client’s hair will become 5X stronger with 90% more color vibrancy – and the results will be visible on the spot.
- Bring up their highlights with JOICO Blonde Life Lightening Powder.
- Leave out pieces of regrowth and some natural base to create dimension and a low-maintenance feel.